- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
HILLEL HALKIN’s work includes Across the Sabbath River: In Search of a Lost Tribe of Israel, Letters to an American Jewish Friend, A Strange Death, and a translation of Sholem Aleichem’ s Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories. His essays and columns have appeared regularly in Commentary, as well as in The New Republic, The Jerusalem Post, The New York Sun, and other publications. He lives in Israel.