- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
As part of the Jewish Museum’s Saul and Gladys Gwirtzman Lecture series, catch When General Grant Expelled the Jews with Jonathan Sarna author Jonathan Sarna on Monday, April 15 at 11:30am as he discusses his riveting account of General Ulysses S. Grant’s decision, in the middle of the Civil War, to order the expulsion of all Jews from the territory under his command. He will explore the reverberations of that decision on Grant’s political career, on the nascent American Jewish community and on the American political process.
Students and 65+: $12