- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
The Cairo Geniza is the most vital cache of Hebrew manuscripts ever discovered. It opened up an entire history of Jewish life in the Muslim world providing a rich picture of a little known vibrant Mediterranean Jewish life. Information was found in these papers about Maimonides, Yehuda Halevi and other important Jewish philosophers. This was authenticated by Solomon Schechter who recognized the enormous significance of this accidental historical find by two Scottish sisters traveling in Cairo in 1896. Adina Hoffman and Peter Cole, a husband and wife team from Israel, co-authored this book and present a fascinating discussion.