- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
Clare Burson’s lush string arrangements and rich vocals – at times wistful, at times full of desperation, but at all times direct – come together to fill her songs with nostalgia and longing. According to NPR Burson “brings together old and new folk music, with an indie rock undercurrent in any number of the songs that conveys a resilience, a determination.”
Her family’s Holocaust-haunted past informs the new album from singer-songwriter Clare Burson.
Listen to the VOX Tablet podcast featuring Clare Burson.
Event sponsored by Tablet Magazine