- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
ILAN STAVANS is the author of two collections of short stories and fifteen works of nonfiction, including On Borrowed Words and Dictionary Days. His many awards and honors include an Emmy nomination, a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Pablo Neruda Medal, and the National Jewish Book Award (for his anthology The Schocken Book of Modern Sephardic Literature). He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts, where he is the Lewis-Sebring Professor in Latin American and Latino Culture and Five College Fortieth Anniversary Professor at Amherst College.