- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
ESTHER SCHOR, a poet and professor of English at Princeton University, is the author of The Hills of Holland: Poems and Bearing the Dead: The British Culture of Mourning from the Enlightenment to Victoria. She is also the editor of The Cambridge Companion to Mary Shelley. Her essays and reviews have appeared in The Times Literary Supplement, The New York Times Book Review, and the Forward. She lives in Princeton, New Jersey.