- From Pashas to Pariahs by Lucette Lagnado
- The Dairy Restaurant by Ben Katchor
- Show of Shows by David Margolick
- Messianism by Leon Wieseltier
- Mrs. Freud by Daphne Merkin
Inspired by the hunger for books on Jewish subjects written in a lively, intelligent, and popular manner, Nextbook Press’s Jewish Encounters Series brings together writers of the first rank with people and ideas and events from the Jewish past. The series is a collaboration between Nextbook Inc., devoted to the promotion of Jewish literature, culture, and ideas, and Schocken, with its storied backlist of Jewish classics. It is a sister organization to Tablet magazine.